Car insurance is the best way of protecting car. If you are a car owner, you must look for a comprehensive car insurance plan from the best car insurance in New Zealand to avail maximum financial protection.
Be it fire, theft, natural calamities, accidents and more, a comprehensive car cover plan will protect car from third-party liability as well. In addition, it is mandatory under the New Zealand Motor Vehicles Act, , to have a third party liability car insurance for every vehicle owner in New Zealand.
What is Car Insurance Company?
A car insurance company New Zealand is a general insurance provider. They provide all types of insurance schemes and related claim settlement services to the respective policyholders.
How to Select the Best Car Insurance Company in New Zealand?
If you are not comfortable with car insurance in New Zealand don’t worry. We are here to simplify the car Insurance for you! As mentioned above, it is advisable to select the best car insurance plan form the best car insurance provider in New Zealand. To help you with the same, here is a list of things to consider when looking for car insurance in New Zealand:
- Customer Service – The quality of customer service can say a lot about the insurance company for NZ. To find for existing customers and their reviews / experience.
- Online Facility – Check whether the insurer provides online facility for claim information and settlement. The online mode is saving a lot of time, effort and money.
- Cashless Garage Option– Always looks for garages nearby your location. Check if your car insurance plan is covered in garages list.
- Claim Settlement Ratio– It is the percentage of the total number of claims determined for the number of claims received. Go for a company with a high claim settlement ratio.
- Value Added-Services – Look for rider options such as zero depreciation, roadside assistance, major replacements, engine safety cover and more.
Top Car insurance company list in New Zealand
- Trade Me
1.Trade Me New Zealand car insurance
Trade Me Insurance cares about your simplicity as much as you do. This is why they are being covered by black and white.
- Reliable cover for your car
- Hassle-free claims
- Manage your policies with online
- Trade Me members 15% discounts for premiums
- Save up to 20% with the multi-policy discount. (T&Cs apply)
Three levels of cover Trade Me car insurance.
Like a good car, they car insurance is focused on being ready to go when you need it. they can cover your car for either private or business use.
- Comprehensive insurance: Covers you for accidental damage to your car and any other cars you damage.
- Third party fire and theft: Pays for damage you cause to other people’s cars and property, but not your own. You’re also covered for loss through fire or theft.
- Third party only: Pays for damage you cause to other people’s cars and property, but not your own.
Trade Me New Zealand Company contact information
2. AA New Zealand car insurance
The Automobile Association – for people like you – was created by eager drivers who wanted fair treatment.
Not much has changed on that front since June 1905, when A.A. Four driving enthusiasts banded together in London to create. From day one goal has been exactly the same: you, to protect the motorcar, and put your interests first.
AA car insurance for you
- They offer two types of car insurance, so whether you need comprehensive or third party, fire and theft, the can help.
- With a 5 Star Rating from Defaqto, AA comprehensive car insurance provides excellent benefits such as the uninsured driver promise and new for old cover.
- Stay on the move after an accident, no matter who’s at fault. Buy comprehensive car insurance direct from us and you’ll get a courtesy car as standard, whether your car is repairable, written off or stolen. Many insurers don’t include this as standard.
- Add extra cover to suit your needs, such as Motor Legal Assistance and Excess Protection.
- Get award-winning breakdown cover from only £15.
AA Car Insurance is arranged by Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited. Registered office: Fanum House, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 4EA. Registered in England and Wales number 2414212.
AA Car Insurance New Zealand Company contact information
||800 316 2456
|Car insurance claims 24 hrs
||800 269 622
||370 533 2211
|AA email id
|AA Corporate office address
||46 Sale Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010
3. State car Insurance NZ
At State they have been helping New Zealanders with their insurance for more than 100 years. Today manage around 900,000 policies for more than 400,000 Kiwis. In that time, State worked hard to build up a pretty good understanding of New Zealanders’ insurance needs.
What they have found is that people tend to think about insurance in terms of houses, cars and other physical objects, but they all know that State most precious things are State families, and perhaps photographs or family heirlooms. That’s why want to find ways to help protect the things that are important to you.
This is where try to set ourselves apart. They run State business with you – state customer – at the centre of everything they do. Whether they are providing you with protection for your most prized possessions or supporting the local community, they pride ourselves on the way we go about doing business. This is also true of the way do things inside State, and you can find out more about inner workings below.
For just $30 extra each year, you’ll get up to three free Roadside Rescue call-outs over 12 months. No matter who’s driving your car, 24/7 help is just a phone call away.
They will provide a hire car and if we’re unable to arrange this, they will pay $50 a day, for up to 14 days while your cars are repaired or if it has been stolen.
State Car Insurance Company contact information New Zealand
||0800 80 24 24
||0800 10 11 12
|State email id
|State Corporate office address
4. AMI New Zealand Car Insurance Company
AMI has been protecting Kiwis up and down the country for over 90 years. They are one of New Zealand’s most trusted insurers, receiving the Reader’s Digest Highly Commended Trusted Brand award for General Insurance eight years running.
They know that great insurance is about more than just having the right policies – it’s also about giving customers outstanding service. They are proud to be voted one of New Zealand’s top insurers for Quality Service in Home & Contents Insurance too.
Car Insurance benefits with AMI
Multi-Policy & No Claims Bonus Protection: Enjoy multi-policy discounts when you take out more than one type of insurance with AMI, Plus, No Claims Bonus protection of up to 60%.
They offer a range of excesses to suit your lifestyle – starting from just $100 online.
Car stolen and not recovered, or a write-off? Get exactly the amount you insured your car for, less the excess.
- No Claims Bonus Protection
Make up to two claims without reducing your No Claims Bonus protection with freeBmax.
AMI Car Insurance New Zealand Company contact information
5. BNZ New Zealand Car Insurance Company
They have been helping bnz customers make their goals a reality for over 150 years, and now they are working with them to redesign banking for the future.
The BNZ most comprehensive cover for your vehicle
- Sudden and accidental loss or damage to your vehicle.
- Legal liability cover up to $20,000,000 for accidental damage caused by your vehicle to another’s property and up to $1,000,000 for accidental bodily injury to another person.
- Accommodation costs of up to $750 if you can’t drive your vehicle following the damage.
- Up to $1,000 covers to replace keys if they’re lost or stolen.
- Repairs to windows, windscreens, sun roofs, or driving lights, without impacting your no claims discount or excess.
- Caravan’s contents, if your caravan is insured under this policy.
- Up to $1,000 automatic cover for a trailer.
BNZ Car Insurance New Zealand Company contact information
||0800 808 618
||0800 248 888.
|BNZ email id
|BNZ Corporate office address
||Private Bag 39806 Wellington Mail Centre Lower Hutt 5045
6. Westpac New Zealand Car Insurance Company
As a large New Zealand business and employer, they touch the lives of more than 1.3 million customers, 4,500 employees and communities nationwide.
First customer came from the Otago goldfields in 1861. As Westpac nation grew, they grew too. Now more than 1.3 million Kiwis bank with us.
It’s Westpac responsibility to help where they can. They aim to support customers to become financially secure. Through sustainable business practices, they invest-in and care for the places they live so that people and communities thrive and succeed.
At Westpac New Zealand, purpose is to Help New Zealanders Succeed. If you’re passionate about helping people, they did love to help you build your career with Westpac.
Three levels of cover to choose from Westpac
This policy causes accidental damage to your car as well as damage to someone else’s vehicle or property. There are other great benefits as well.
Third Party, Fire and Theft
Covers you for damage to someone else’s vehicle or property while driving, plus protects your car in the case of loss or damage by fire or theft.
Third Party only
westpac most basic cover. It covers you for damage to someone else’s vehicle or property while driving your car.
||0800 400 600
||+64 9 912 8000
|Westpac Corporate office address
||Westpac New Zealand Ltd, PO Box 934 Shortland Street, Auckland 1140
7. Vero New Zealand Insurance Company
They are New Zealand’s general and specialist insurance experts. They are here to make insurance mean more for vero customers and it drives everything they do.
As a leading intermediated general and specialist insurer they are here to make insurance mean more for customers. That means they do what really matters to make insurance more useful and more relevant to help New Zealanders feel more confident.
They distribute vero products through a large network of insurance brokers and advisers, as well as through partnerships with some of New Zealand’s leading financial institutions and retailers. They create value for customers and business partners by making it easier to do business.
Take your vehicle insurance up a gear
They understand how important it is to be mobile. So if your vehicle is damaged or stolen, it’s important to have a policy that will get you back behind the wheel – and fast. They approved repairer network, S.M.A.R.T repair shops and policies do just that.
With three levels of motor insurance cover — Comprehensive, Third party with fire & theft, and Third party only — you can choose the MotorPlan that’s right for you.
- Cleaning and valet costs up to $250 following a break-in.
- Replacement keys and locks up to $1,000, if your keys have been stolen or believed to have been duplicated without proper authority.
- No excess on any glass repairs. Your policy excess will apply to replacement glass claims, however your no claims discount will not be affected.
- Cover towards transport home or emergency accommodation following an accident if your vehicle can’t be driven.
- Legal liability covers for reparation and damages if you accidently cause injury to another person or damage to their vehicle or property as a result of an accident involving your vehicle.
- Repair guarantee—we guarantee the work of nation-wide repairers for as long as you own the vehicle.
- If your vehicle is written off you may be eligible to have the unused premium credited to the policy of your replacement vehicle (provided an identified third party was at fault for the accident).
- We may replace your vehicle with a brand new vehicle if your car is under 12 months old, has travelled less than 15,000km and it is stolen or significantly damaged.
- Cover for trailers—own, hired or borrowed (doesn’t include campervan, caravan, and horse or boat trailers).
Third party cover
Your old car may not be worth insurance – but if you accidentally damage someone else’s vehicle, it may cost a lot of money to fix it. This policy protects you from costly repair costs if you damage someone else’s vehicle or property.
Legal liability covers for reparation and damage if you accidentally cause injury to another person or damage to their vehicle or property.
Cover up to $ 3,000 for your car if it is damaged without a driver and you are not at fault and you can provide another driver details.
Vero Car Insurance New Zealand Company contact information
||0800 808 138
||0800 800 134
|Vero Corporate office address
||Level 13, 48 Shortland Street Auckland Central, 1010 New Zealand
8. Tower New Zealand car Insurance Company
Born and bred in New Zealand, Tower has been supporting Kiwis when they need it most for 150 years. In that time, they have grown to operate across New Zealand and the Pacific Islands, providing customers with cover for their houses, cars, contents, businesses and more.
While Tower heritage is important to us, they have also set Tower sights on the future. Tower goal is to meet the 21st century head-on with customer focussed, digital-first insurance solutions for Kiwis and their communities. Why? Because Tower believe that you deserve better.
Tower Car Insurance New Zealand Company contact information
||0800 379 372
||0800 379 372
|Tower Corporate office address
||PO Box 90347 Auckland, 1142 New Zealand
I hope you like this article and get information about best car insurance in new Zeeland.